Monday, September 30, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 316

Preface: this may not seem like a big deal to the large landowner types that read this blog but for the postage stamp crowd that I belong to here in overpriced, sunshine tax paying city of SD it's kind of big.

Some may say gardening is not a form of exercise. It's an activity. Well, not the take-no-prisoners, kamakazi gardening I do. After cutting my postage stamp of a front and back yard ( Colin's job, FYI. He doesn't do it because he is allergic to grass, is always going to sports practice or doing HW, so I cut the grass 2 out of 3 times. No Mexican gardners here) and doing the weed wacker around the edges, I decide that the giant Bougainville bush needs to be cut. It's entwined with the morning glory and starting to invade the lime tree. Sounds so lush and tropical doesn't it? It's mostly dead except the top layer. The underlayer reminds me of a Rasta gone wild with the unkempt dreads. I know, I should have taken a before picture.

2 1/2 hours later and some displaced lizards... We have a clean corner.
And I was so dirty, I had to undress in the Garage and run naked through the house. I did it fast in case Scott was going to come home for lunch and open the door. TMI - I know. HAHAHA!

The rest of that morning glory will survive another day. 
And I found a bucket of balls. Mostly random and disgusting but some usable ones. And a frisbee and a bat..


It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. The boys were probably looking everywhere for the bat and bucket of balls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed with the weedeating skills you possess.... I can't ever get mine to work without gumming up or whipping my leg or various other nightmares.... it always ends with me screaming and throwing it down! I crawled around the front yard with scissors instead yesterday. I am glad nobody caught you streaking!!

    ReplyDelete