Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 312

I love it when I take my own advice. And it works out... Sort of. What advice, you ask? Regarding emails: if it's good enough to send now, it will be good enough to send later when you have time to re-read.

I woke up to this email from the new sponsor rep to the board. It's his job to get people , mostly businesses to give money to the league. He is a big talker, so far, not much follow through.

I've read the email threads regarding the field improvement plans, delay and redesign.  Here's my take on the whole situation - I can appreciate the City continuing their due diligence and finally securing funding.  However, waiting another 2 to 3 years before anything is done just isn't my idea of progress.  I've come to realize, by the time the city begins the improvements, given their aren't more delays, my son Tyson will already be in Majors.  I'm really not interested in waiting that long to be a part of progress, clean/safe fields, and a venue which attracts top talent.  With that being said, is the intent of the league to wait for the city or are there plans to utilize surplus/reserve funds to partially improve areas of the field(s) that have become dilapidated, unsafe and unattractive?

I appreciate your response in advance.

Nice right???? I wanted to fire off a nasty gram saying something like:
So what you are saying is if your kid is not going to benefit immediatly, you are jumping ship for greener pastures??? Tell that to all the the people before you who have worked on this project whose kids won't benefit. (Like mine) And the retired guys on the rec council who have been doing this type of stuff for 30 years and whose great-grandkids may not see the benefit. Since you are on the board, YOU are the league. Welcome to community service 101.

But no. I fumed a bit, didn't hit send and then went to work. During this time, the 2 other people copied on the email responded by saying they agreed with his frustration and gave the timeline from the city and explained how it will work, let's make a list of what needs to be done now and what can be saved until the remodel, blah, blah,blah and have the board decide what the league wants to do. 

Niiiice, I think. Way to put it back on him. This is the response I sent back. 
Ditto on what Ted and Greg said. There will also be some significant costs the league will probably have to cover when the project is underway. Temporary fencing is one I can think of. Getting sponsorships in line during the planning process will be key for us to be able to provide the players and the MM community at large the best fields possible.

No response back...he'll probably jump ship but then again good riddance to bad rubbish.

It is what it is...
Namaste 

No comments:

Post a Comment