Monday, September 16, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 302

Update on the FTJ (or job of any sort) I registered with an online tutoring service. They are suppose to match you with kids in your area. One of the sections was about your personal information, policies, etc... Here it is. Would you hire me? Keepin' it real.

I get your kid. It's hard, you butt heads  and push each other's buttons. They can't get the work done and you are out. Out of time, out of patience and out of ideas. Fret not!  Help is here. 

I am a CA credentialed and experienced teacher and tutor. I am a mom!  (14 year old boy and a 12 year old girl) 

My credentials and education speak for themselves. So this is what you want to know about me.

 I love kids and love a challenge. I love kids that are hard to take and are challenging. I do yoga so I am flexible, zen and calm. My chi is in a good place. I make jewelry and do tons of crafts so I am creative. I am organized and innovative. I start from the very beginning because its a very fine place to start. You don't move on until you get it. And more of the same does not always work. I change it up and keep it real. I am direct and won't lie to you.  My skin is thick and you can't hurt my feelings. Building relationships and character are as important as the final score. As president of Mira Mesa West Little League, I Run the Fun. I love reality shows and the Food Network.

So you ask, "If you are so fabulous, why are you not in a classroom?"
My response: I speak my mind, I am real with kids and parents, PC is NOT my middle name. I will be in your kids corner, meet with their teachers, analyze their test scores, attend IEP meetings, hold your hand and give advice. I retired from classroom teaching when I was pregnant with my son. I am 51 years old and not in the preferred demographic for re-hires.  I am good at what I do.  

My superpower? I am a TEACHER.

It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments: