Saturday, September 28, 2013

Th Everyday Project Day 314

I have noticed on other blogs, well besides the hobo blog, that they often do product reviews or beauty tips so today is.....drumroll.... Product review and beauty tip day! Yay for all my readers!

So the product for review today is Garnier Olia Permanent Hair Color. Why this product you ask?
 3 reasons:
1. Coupon
2. On sale
3. I needed to cover those horrible grays.
And if you can't change your hair, what can you change? Well,  you can and should change your underwear but I digress.  And now that I think about it some people can't really change their hair but I can, so I do.

Required product picture


1st comment on Facebook was "yellow?" No, that yellow flower is the package design. They probably should change that since I got a few "yellow" comments and it is kind of misleading.
Required before picture...scary, I know.




This is what comes in the box. (I'm copying how other bloggers do this.)
Loving the black gloves. Makes it seem like badass hair color.


Here's the thing. The color is called Darkest Violet. According to the picture on the box, my current color should come out a deep red. In my brain the debate is going on: picture vs name. Deep red vs violet(purple), picture vs name. deep red vs violet(purple), picture vs name. deep red vs violet(purple). You can see where I'm going here. 

Color mixed

Required After Picture

Conclusion: Darkest Violet means purple, at least on my hair. Soooo, if you can't change your hair, what can you change... and I kind of like it. Call me purple hair, bad ass mom. 

It is what it is...
Namaste


1 comment:

  1. Bad ass mom!! I love it! I did mine a few minutes ago, strawberry blonde by garnier. Unfortunately I got a sunburn today, I hope I'm not all the same red shade when it dries! Oh well..... I get bored by the same hair color all the time. It is fun experimenting! And I can't afford to experiment at the hands of a high priced colorist. I have had some strange results, but nothing I couldn't eventually fix.

    ReplyDelete