Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 300

Day 300!!!!! Holy Countdown! Only 65 more days...

Colin had soccer and lost 6-2. Guess who scored both goals...again. You got it. Colin. Nice job!

Baseball tomorrow. Neither team look so great at this point but we shall see.

Here's a milestone. My nephew, Kyle and  2 of his oldest friends will be spending the night here after a concert. They live just up the 5 in Huntington Beach aka Surf City. Kyle called me  last week.

Kyle: Aunt Marybeth, ummmmm, would it be ok if me and 2 friends spend the night after a concert.
Me: I guess, is the concet in SD? When?
Kyle: Sept. 28 in Chula Vista.
Me: Yea, you can stay.

Today at 4pm
Kyle: Ummmm Aunt Matybeth, it's Kyle.
Me: I know, I said, "Hi Kyle when I answered the phone.
Kyle: I got the day wrong for the concert. It's tonight. Can we still come?
Me: Thats fine. What time should I expect you?
Kyle: maybe 9 or 10.
Me: Well, Andrew is spending the night so you guys will have to find a spot.
Kyle: OK, thanks for having us.
Me: Text me when you are close.
Kyle: OK

I then find out that its a festival concert. The band they are seeing doesn't come on till 9. So I'm not expecting them before midnight. I get visions of Chuck and Rich ( my brothers,the Deadheads) showing up at all hours of the night in all stages of drunken/drugness. (Is drugness a word?) I'm pretty sure that won't happen since the '80's are over.

Maybe I'll be the cool aunt now. (Oh wait, I'm always the cool aunt)  However, no crash pad here. I got kids to look out for.

It is what it is...
Namaste

I made this awesome bracelet on Thursdsay. Fancy, huh???

No comments:

Post a Comment