Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 271

Leavin' in the am!!!!

I took the kids to Dollar Tree to stock up on snacks and stuff for the trip. Way more cost effective than any other place. And they have name brands so the kids are not complaining about some no-name, inferior brands.

Me: You have to bring a toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant. If you need any of those items, please get them and anything else you need. Then get snacks.

Off they go. I figure I can trust them to get that stuff and I can see what they get at checkout. I overheard this from one aisle over. 

Colin: I already have a toothbrush so lets just get the toothpaste.
Andrew: Lets get the 2 pack in case we loose one, we'll have a back up. We need mouthwash too.
Colin: Ok, What kind do you want to get? The green or the blue. We can share it.
Andrew: Lets get the green. Its more minty.
Colin: Good idea, my dad has the blue and I don't want to have the same. Just get the smaller one because its smaller... and won't take up so much room.
Andrew: Yea, not so much room. What kind of deodorant do you want to get? Lets smell them and see what is the best. ( Scott and I are both sensitive to scents so I'm always getting the unscented version of everything.)
They proceed to smell and discuss. Then they move on to cologne.
Very funny...

Cara: Mom...
Me: What?
Cara: Can we go back to the other aisle?
Me: Which one?
Cara: The one with the toothpaste.
Me: Did you need something else?
Cara: Well....(whispering) you know... what you shave your legs with...
Me: Are you afraid to say razors??? I thought you meant feminine products!
Cara: MOM!

On to the candy.
Colin: What can we get?
Me: Some stuff:
Colin: ???
Me: I don't know, a few?
Colin:???
Me: How about 5?
Andrew: WE CAN GET 5?????!!!!
Colin: Let's pick together, then we can get 10!!!!

The best $42 I spent in a while.

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: