Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 228 &279

Sorry Friends for the delay but today is the first ever Expanded Edition of The Everyday Project. Let's all give a cheer for the DOUBLE POST!!!

I took a field trip on Thursday to the Poconos to see an old friend, Renee. Renee and her sister, Michelle many summers in the Poconos growing up with us.  Her Aunt Janet and Uncle Donnie owned the Thunderbird Gameroom and later built Dominic's Pizza. Their daughter, Nicole, is running the pizza shop now. We had so much fun reminiscing and going down Memory Lane that I just didn't have time to blog.

OK, cocktails were involved.

The first pitstop was the Delaware Water Gap on the way up. There was literally no one there so I had to take a "selfie".

Then on up the mountain to Lake Naomi. We always considered Lake Naomi the Ritzy area. Here's why.
Renee's beautiful home




Lunch at the Lake Naomi Club overlooking the lake.

Then onto the tour of all the old places.
The Forest Glen Community sign

Our old house
Onocop Lake (Pocono spelled backwards) 
The Original Pococo Lake Mini Golf
My new shirt from Dominic's Pizza (30 years in business)

After a delightful brunch back at the Jubilee, famous for the Big Pococno Breakfast (chipped beef on an english muffin with potatoes) , with Nicole and her baby Eva, I hit the road for Atlantic city to spend the night with Phyllis and the kids. Cara and I went on a bunch of rides until the rain shutdown the famous Steel Pier. http://www.steelpier.com 
 Atlantic City
Beach soccer -Colin and Andrew totally killed me and Cara at Keep Away

I did have to check out Jimmy Buffets new venture the Land Shark Beach House. Got myself a few souvenirs. Believe it or not, I was so tired that I missed out on a shot at the big payoff. I didn't even play the pennies. Plus we ALL had to wake up at 4am to get to the Philadelphia airport to pick up Scott. 

My biggest mistake was being so wrapped up in gossiping and catching up that we forgot take any pictures of Renee, Nicole and me. Dang IT!!!!

It is what it is...
Namaste







No comments:

Post a Comment