Monday, August 19, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 275

While the boys sleep, I do the work.
I got the pictures hung in the green room, the kitchen and the sun porch. All I have left is the blue room. Sounds Presidentail doesn't it? Blue Room, Green Room....

I also got the sun porch cleaned out and organized.
Green room

Kitchen 


SunPorch

But the big money of the day came from the pigs - literally. Paula and I have giant orange piggy banks. The manufacture date is 1971. They have been under the bed in the Green Room. After Sandy, they appeared on the bureaus. I wanted to move them to hang the pictures and to make a spot for my stuff. Sooooo.....

I decided to crack one open. It was full of coroded money and tons of dust/powder. It's probably toxic.  Later in the afternoon, I opened the other one - with a saw! OMG did it stink! I don't think it got wet during Sandy but PU!



I put it in a bucket. Total weight 45.5 pounds. I will take off .5 for the bucket.


Dad and I took it too his bank to avoid Coin Star fees. It clogged their machine after $55. The snooty people there said it was to corroded and dirty for them so off we go to...wait for it...WalMart!

Score!


It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: