Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 280



I'm 51 years old today. That's 18,615 days or  446, 760 hours or 2,6804,600 minutes. Who says I can't do the math???

Namaste - the light and spirit in me honors and bows to the light and spirit in you.

I have made mistakes and bad choices. However as the Prayer of St. Francis says, " it is in pardoning that we are pardoned." As I say, " own it, apologize, move on."

I am not as well off financially as I thought I would be at this point, but I have more than most and I have all that I need:
I have a wonderful, hardworking, loyal and dedicated husband and beautiful family.
I have a house that we own.
I have food on my table.
I have cars to drive.
I have clothes to wear.
I take field trips and vacations.
I am grateful and I am thankful.

I do not work full time yet:
I am a full time volunteer.
I can "run the fun" at Little League, Basket Auctions, fundraisers,opening days, picnics and book fairs.
I substitute in the severely handicapped and special ed classrooms that no one wants.
I tutor the kids who can't read.
I drive my kids and any other kids to where they need to be and invite them to places they may never go.
I write a daily blog complete with photos.
I cook, I clean, I do laundry and I make adult beverages
I enjoy Happy Hour and I am having more fun than ever.

I do not have the body I once had, yet this body:
Birthed 2 awesome children.
Makes love to my husband.
Imagines and creates one of a kind jewelry
Gets me from place to place.
Is strong, yet flexible.
Has no pain.
Does yoga and is zen.
Has more patience than I have ever had.
Can keep up with many half my age in fitness classes and can rock the handstand as well as the headstand.
Fits in my clothes.
Can walk miles for cancer and around Little League Fields
Rides boardwalk rides and water slides.
And is completely dedicated to the 5 o'clock Somewhere Diet

FYI Sports Illustrated and Hugh Hefner are not calling me up for a cover shot anytime soon so...

It is what it is
Happy Birthday to me...

Namaste


2 comments: