Monday, August 26, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 281

This is for all the people who are so "done" with Superstorm Sandy. The ones who are sooooo tired of hearing about something  that is so 9 months ago.

My Aunt Ginny just moved back into her small house 2 weeks ago. It had to be completely gutted, down to the frame and then remodeled. Floors, walls, electrical, siding, EVERYTHING. Her little white house is now yellow. She was my mother's oldest and dearest friend and she lives next door.

This is my dad's house. If you remember it from before, there were 2 lower decks and a pool. Not any more...gone.


Colin and Andrew saw me taking pictures and decided to pose.
This is what is left of the yacht club down the street. We had Colin's baby shower and Cara's christening there.



Here are 2 houses across the canal. I saw some clipboard people over there today. It looks like they will be coming down soon.



This is what it looks like when a house is so damaged that it is being torn down.



The final result.


Sad isn't it? I asked one of the workers if it was a sad job, taking down someone's home. He said, it really is but he tries not to personalize it. This one was especially difficult since he was the one whom worked on the 2nd floor addition 5 or 6 years ago.

Tonight's sunset... Notice the lonely dining room chair...


It is what it is...
Namaste

We are headed to Wildwood for a few days. I'm not sure what the wifi situation will be. I use Google Blogspot and need to be connected to write and post. Don't worry. I'll try my best but it may be Friday...

2 comments:

  1. So sad! I agree. The governor is on tv commercials saying that everything is back to normal and there are so many people still struggling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is so sad. I can't imagine what these people (including your family) must feel like. That's crazy about the builder. I'm sure he's there giving his whole heart.

    ReplyDelete