Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 260

One of my SD pet peeves is the discussion of a new airport. Over the years we have spent millions of $$$$ researching sites. Miramar ( military wont give it up), Tijauana( a dual country airport will never work), North Island (more military), Inland Valley (too far out in the desert) Some say the current airport will be maxed out in 2025 because there is only  1 runway.

In the UT today there is a section highlighting the opening of the new section of Terminal 2 at the airport. I find this very fascinating. There are tons of amenities featuring local restaurants ( Saffron, Phil's BBQ), breweries( Stone) and shops(Brighton).

Indoor doggie rest areas

Places to refill your water bottle. It also counts refills to see how many bottles will not end up in landfills. How cool is that?


There is lots of public art using lights and crystals. I think it will be beautiful!

And a spa. While I get that some people may spend quite a bit of time in airports, I think it would be difficult to relax and enjoy a massage while trying to make sure my flight was on time and not leaving early. Or changing gates. Or delayed. Or rerouted. An airport is the last place I would go to a spa.

The are giving tours next weekend. I just think I may sign up to go.

It is what it is...
Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment