Saturday, June 29, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 224

Intermediate All Stars done! Coronado is the the winner. Movin on to the Juniors.

A long time LL family is jumping ship to youth baseball ( another baseball program). He wants his kid (5) playing travel ball by age 8 to increase his chances of either playing HS baseball, getting a scholarship or both. I had to hear it from Scott about the reasons, how could they do that after the older son (now 14) went through the program, blah, blah blah... I stood and listened to it and then said, "I don't care." And I really don't. His kids are 10 or so years apart and maybe they want to try different parenting choices. I don't care. I will still like them.

I have friends/good acquaintances whose kids do tons of different things. Including youth and/or travel baseball, basketball, bowling, swimming, theater, dance, hula, club soccer, rec soccer, lacrosse, rugby, JMUN, band or whatever. Everyone makes their choices.  Don't force your choices on me and I won't force mine on you. I will respectfully celebrate your kid's victories and respectfully be saddened by their defeats.

Pick what works for your family and do it.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment