Monday, June 24, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 218

Ha Ha so sorry,

I fell asleep last night about 8:30 and didn't wake up until this morning. I guess that means I needed some serious sleep to get ready to run this week of tournaments. It was sure nice going to Clairemont last week for their part of the Intermediate division. (Cara's team) The most I had to do over there was go on the field for the opening in ceremonies. My favorite part is when they announce," From Mira Mesa, League President, Marybeth MacNaughton!) Cheesey but I LOVE it. Then all the kids get announced and we do the pledge and the LL pledge. I'm waiting for someone to get a good picture to post.

Some bad news... A long time and talented member of Cara's theater group MET2, Harold Wise, was killed instantly when he crashed his car coming home on Saturday night. He was only 21. He survived a traumatic brain injury about 2 years ago, was in a coma and had to have part of his skull removed. The weird thing was, I was telling Scott about this when another friend of ours, who drives a tow truck posted pictures on his Facebook of a horrible accident he was called to clean up. It was Harold. He said he was going over 100 mph. How random and sad is that? Good kid, risky behavior.

Cara's All Star game is tonight at out fields against powerhouse Scripps Ranch. They keep plugging away and they may get to that championship game yet.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment