Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 217

4 games at the field today. It was awesome! Especially the exhibition game between the MMWLL Challenger All Stars and the Scripps Ranch Challenger All Stars. (Challenger is the special needs division). Prior to the game was the 1st day of the Juniors All Stars. MMWLL vs Rancho Penasquitos. A big win for MM 10-3! Colin smoked one to the wall over the left fielder's head for a double. Then RP kids buddied up with Scripps and MMWLL Juniors buddied up with our Challengers. There are 3 girls on the team who I have known for years. I think they are all about 18-19 years old.
Every time we have a Challenger game at home:
Haley: (with big dreamy eyes gazing at the Juniors warming up) Ms. Marybeth, when can those guy be our buddies?
Me: Sorry Hayley, they have an away game and are leaving shortly.
Haley: Awww, maybe next time.

Hayley, Sophie and Sunshine will have a hard time sleeping tonight...

Funniest story of the day.  On the way home:
Scott: Thanks for bringing me those frog legs while I was keeping score.
Me: What are you talking about?
Scott: The frog legs you got me from the Hawaiian Ice lady, those big ones.
Me: Those were chicken legs and rice.
Scott: You told me they were frog legs. I was wondering why they tasted like chicken.
Me: Why would I say they were frog legs, who has frog legs at a LL game????? And they tasted like chicken because they were chicken.
Scott: We were announcing frog legs and Hawaiian Ice all day.
Me: You were what???!!!
Scott: YOU told Melanie to announce chicken strips and frog legs.
Me: That's crazy, why would I do that? Who has frog legs at baseball games?
Scott: I was wondering that but she's Filipino so I thought it was something they do.
Me: I didn't say frog legs.
Scott: Yes you did.
Me: I'm texting Melanie.
Melanie's response: No, you did not say frog legs and neither did I. Scott is texting me too. LMAO!!!
Me: Me too!
Scott: and I was going to put on Facebook how MMWLL is going upscale and serving frog legs at our tournament.
Me:  LMAO!!! HAHAHAHA

It is what it is...
Namaste

Update on Sean:

Last night Sean slept well.  He was up in his wheelchair ready for occupational therapy at 8:30.  Unfortunately he had a different therapist and she had him down for 9am, so therapy was not off to a good start.  He was also working with a physical therapist that only worked with him a short time and didn't push him.  He felt like today was a waste of time.  Jesi still managed to keep him in good spirits.  I think Sean will need to become proactive in his treatment and demand what he knows he needs.  He still has no movement in his legs and feet, but he is able to move his arms.  His arm movements are very course as he still cannot get them to go where he wants them to. 
Tonight he got to have dinner from Bucca Di Beppo, a favorite Italian place.  The whole family tries to have dinner together every night now that he is getting better.  They all take turns feeding Sean.  Jane is getting very good at being a nurse. 
Today Jane taught herself how to access the internet[on the Ipad] by using a rubber tiped pen in her mouth.  She was planning on teaching Sean tonight after dinner.  I haven't heard how the lesson went.
The Lord has blessd this family with so many wonderful friends and family and we are so grateful.  Your prayers are being answered as we see Sean getting stronger every day.
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment