Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 206

Shoes! I love shoes! Short shoes, tall shoes, shoes to kick the ball shoes. Funny shoes, cool shoes, Shoes, I'll never wear shoes... ( channeling Dr. Suess here)

My kids, not so much. They wear their shoes to death. A long, slow, well loved, duck taped death. I MAKE  them get new shoes. My older nephews loved high end skate shoes so much that my parents had a "shoe budget" for them every 3 months. I like that my kids are not constantly asking for stuff but seriously we can afford new shoes. You would think we lived in the depression. 

Colin will only wear Vans. They don't have the ones he likes at Tilly's. I ordered his last 2 pairs from Amazon. Now they don't have them either. 

Me: Colin, you need new shoes.
Colin: No, I don't.
Me: you are not allowed to duck tape your shoes and wear them to school. We are going to THE MALL. They have a Vans store there. You are to pick out 1 or 2 but definitely 1 pair of shoes. If you don't, I am picking out a pair and throwing all your old shoes out and you will wear the pair I choose. You can't go to school with no shoes. ( FYI, I would do my best to choose a pair he would like, not an awful pair to prove a point.)

At the Vans store:
Me: Look around and see what you like. 
Andrew:  Colin, how 'bout this. Colin, how 'bout this. Colin, how 'bout this. Colin, how 'bout this.
The kid sounded like a squirrel on crack.
Me: Andrew - sit, Colin - shop.

15 minute later, Colin had 2 new pairs of kicks, some new pink laces ( he wears pink laces on his baseball cleats????)  and I had some old school, Vans sunglasses. We got some Wetzels Pretzels and were home in under 2 hours.



It is what it is...
Namaste

Update on Sean:

The first night in IMU was great for Sean.  He said he got about 5 hours of sleep, in between the nurses and the reparatory treatments. 
Sean's tube feedings were put on hold for 6 hours today to see how he would do.  He managed to eat fairly well.  Jesi read some article about omega 3 products being very good for nerve regeneration so she went to the store and bought some items.  She also got him some Naked Juices that have protein in them which he loved.  Tomorrow they are going to leave the tube feeding off for 12 hours and see how he does.
Today when they got Sean up in the wheelchair he got to go to the playroom to visit with his sisters which made him very happy.  He had problems with his tailbone hurting while up in the chair so I got him a gel cushion for the chair.  Sean said it was perfect. 
Great news today as I saw Sean move his upper arms.  He still lacks the fine motor skills but his gross motor skills are starting to come back.  I'm sure he will be able to move his toes soon.
Your prayers are being answered and we all appreciate you for that.  I'm sure more great news will follow. 
Sean and his family


1 comment:

  1. I love your shoe post LMAO!!! I need to take Joey to the Vans store! And it's wonderful news about Sean!

    ReplyDelete