Friday, November 22, 2013

Why I Love/Hate The Internet

The internet is a huge time suck. What I could have been doing for the past 2 hours...
reading
jarring up the Brandy Fruit
laundry
watching a movie
making jewelry
vacuuming
exercising
actually using the internet to order more labels for my sea salt caramels and working on Little Leqgue stuff.

What I have been doing for the past 2 hours
looking at Facebook and getting sidetracked by blog posts that I follow
getting sidetracked by looking at blog posts that are linked to the original blog posts and so on...

I learned how to make star shaped crayons from old crayons ( I actually knew how to do this but it got me thinking about all the old crayons I have that are no longer used. Then I wondered why I would do this because then I would still have the crayons but in a different form.)

In case you want to read up on this. Good news - I am quite mentally strong. ( I knew this as well)

I learned I totally want someone to sign me up for this for Christmas.  https://www.julibox.com/
Its a cocktail of the month club! How awesome is that? Then I found out there are tons of subscription of the month clubs that I didn't know about. I know about them now. You can too.
http://lifehacker.com/the-best-subscription-gifts-you-can-give-1469248862

I also learned how to make tons of detox tonics, cleaning products and 17 Fun Things to Do With Pine Cones http://www.homemadehomeideas.com/17-fun-things-to-make-with-pine-cones/ because I have so many pine cones that I need 17 fun things to do with them.

Then I finally ordered the labels and spent 20 more minutes trying to design an iphone case that goes with the labels and new business cards. Which I did not order.

Then I decided I needed to blog about how I  can get lost in webland.

Verdict - the internet is a time suck. Best get off it now.

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm.....it wasn't that long ago that you swore you would nothing to do with any of it!! Got a really cool autism shirt in the mail! Someone does love shopping online! Xo

    ReplyDelete