Monday, November 11, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 358

This was the best day!

Colin: Mom, can you sign this?
Me: What is it?
Colin: I don't know. Progress report & field trip
Me: Looking at the form. The Museum of Tolerance? Is the the same field trip Cara is going on?
Colin: blank stare
Me: And the one she asked me to chaperone?
Colin: horrified blank stare
Me: YES!!! IT IS!!! This is awesome! Both of my children on the same field trip for the first time ever! And to an interesting place! And I'm already confirmed as a chaperone! 
Colin: really horrified blank stare. You mean YOU AND CARA are going?
Me: YEA!!! Isn't it awesome.
Colin takes the permission slip from me and slinks to his room.

Me: Cara, guess who is going on the field trip to LA?
Cara: Isabelle's mom?
Me: NO! COLIN!
Cara: You have got to be kidding. That sucks!!!
Me: No joke. I just signed his permission slip.

Cara slinks off to her room.

I'm doing the evil happy dance

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment