Friday, November 1, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 348

File this under its always something...

The Little League fields are on city land. Granted the city does nothing to keep up the fields. We pay for electricity, trash pick up, porta potties (sadly we don't even have permanent bathrooms), etc. People illegally dump their crap there all the time...Christmas trees, yard waste, shopping carts, apartment cleanout, mattresses, appliances, etc. If we lock the dumpster, they dump next to the dumpster. If we don't lock the dumpster at least some of it actually makes it in there.

I always file an illegal dumping complaint and sometimes the stuff gets picked up. Otherwise we have to pay to haul it away. Its a big, fat headache. This week there was a stove and a recliner. One of our board members filed a complaint and they bounced it back to us. I just don't have the energy to deal with it this time around. One of our parents took the stove to the dump. I asked another if he could get the recliner into the dumpster. Turns out he is the one who filed the complaint. And boy is he mad. I have a feeling this issue may come out for us for a change.

Today I took Pi to Petco to be groomed. To get to Petco, I have to drive past the field. All looks good at 3:10 pm. I see a woman in front of the apartments standing with a mattress. Hmmm, I say to myself. 3:25 pm Pi and I drive back. Dang it! There is a mattress and box springs leaning up against our dumpster. I turned around and drove past the apartments looking to see if that woman is there.

Why can't I ever catch anyone?????

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment