Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tales from the Carpool Lane

Need I say it again? The car pool is a crack up. Friday's ride.
Me: Hi Colin.
Colin: blank stare
Me: Today's Friday! The day you have been waiting for! One week of sleep in, school free vacation!
Colin: blank stare. I know. I'm freaking out right now.
Me: Yea, I can totally tell. Your expression is exactly like your cranky one, your sad one, your happy one, your bored one, etc...hmmm maybe your eyes are open a little wider.
Colin: I'm working on my costume for next Halloween.
Me: blank stare
Colin: you know Ozil...Mesut Ozil the soccer player- the one with the big eyes?...I'm wearing his jersey right now.
Me: Soooo your going to be Ozil???
Colin: yea. I'm going to wear this jersey and open my eyes really big.

Colin is fascinated with this guy. He plays for the Arsenal, a British Premier League team. (I had to google this) Talks about him constantly as well as a few other pro soccer players.
This is Ozil. Notice the big eyes...

Jack gets in the car.
Jack: Guys, we really need to go Walmart for Black Friday. It's the great American pastime. Getting in a fight or even possibly stabbed for a $10 waffle iron on sale for $5.99. Where else but America can you do something like that? Maybe there will be a coffee maker. Walmart on Black Friday is the place for all your cheap appliance needs. Free stabbing without purchase.

Brendan: oh yea... We need to do that.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment