Saturday, November 23, 2013

In The Mood Food

My In The Mood Jewelry biz is certainly taking a new direction.

At the Ericson Craft and Vendor fair on Thursday, I completely sold out of Mango Pepper Jelly, Strawberry Mint Jelly, Sea Salt Caramels and even my secret, not appropriate for a school craft fair, 70's throwback, Brandy Fruit. I had 12 jars of each and 4 lbs of caramels. Not bad for a local school.

And I also took an order for 10 lbs of caramels from the trail mix vendors (my new bffs) and...3 lbs from the Cookie Lee vendor (rival jewelry). Today I posted that I was taking orders for Mango Pepper Jelly on Facebook and sold 20 jars in an hour.  In case you don't know, Mango Pepper jelly is awesome on a baked brie, over a block of cream cheese or marscapone. You can even use it as a glaze for chicken or salmon. That kept me busy today. I guess I'm going to have to get my food handlers certificate to start to legitimize this end of the business.

My lime trees are going crazy. I'll have to whip up a batch of Lime Jelly. Its great with cream cheese. Its a Margarita for your bagel.

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: