Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 350

Its official... I'm baaaack. We had an emergency board meeting tonight and after what seemed like a never ending silence, Scott nominated me as prez. You could pretty much hear the giant sigh of relief. Everyone looked around uncomfortably, hoping no one would say their name. It was kind of like a baseball tribal council. I certainly wasn't going to make it easy and just volunteer. I gotta say, I did give Ted a pretty hard time (in a kidding way) about quitting, I mean resigning.

And of course, I had everything done that he was supposed to to. Calendar made, flyers approved by the school district and out to bid for copy prices, banners taken care of, Padre uniforms ordered. Check, check and check. Yep... all done.

And then our old nemesis, the high school showed up in my inbox. The good thing about being prez is I don't have a vote. I pretty much lay the facts out as I see them ask for a discussion and the vote or what ever.

Hi Mary Beth, my name is Justin Moran & I am the new Head Baseball Coach at Mira Mesa. Last year we used your field for our Varsity practice for a bit and then our prep used the field for their season. I am doing the Prep/ Freshman Team again and wanted the field again this year.
 
Also, I am open to have tryouts for all 7th & 8th graders interested in playing for the team that will be attending Mira Mesa High School.
 
Practices would be 2 days a week for now either MondayWednesday orMondayThursday, all practices will start at 3:30pm on those days.
 
Please let me know if there is something we can workout. Hope to hear from you soon!
 
Thank You

We decided to research the cost to rent the rec center and Hourglass fields. Cut them a deal and thy can take it or leave it. If it was just 9th graders like it has been in the past that would be one thing but 7th and 8th graders are our whole juniors program.

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: