Friday, November 8, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 355

10 days until 365... 1 year!

Let's talk GaGa - Lady that is...
I was listening to an interview on Sirrius radio with Lady GaGa today. You may think she is someone of marginal talent who made it big by pushing the boundaries and acting weird. I kind of thought so too. I like some of her songs but never really took the time to actually listen to them. It was very enlightening to hear her talk about the meaning and the process behind the songs as we listened to some of them during the interview. I even "car sat" in my garage to hear the end.

Lady GaGa, whose real name is Stephanie Joanne Angelina Gemanotta,  is not only a singer/songwriter but a fashion designer, musician, actress, philanthropist, producer and business woman. Basically a brand. She came across as very smart, articulate, educated and quite likable.

She believes in herself and her art and doesn't seem to take BS from those around her. She said that at  her level, people are there to make money from her and have all kinds of ways she SHOULD do things to make more
money, be more successful, sell more stuff. Her best quote basically said something like, " I am the artist. I set the trends, not try to fit into the trends. I believe in myself, my hard work, my vision, my rehearsal time. I honor and believe in myself and my vision." Strong, right?

Then she goes on to say she is thankful for the people around her, her creative team, her technical team, etc, the ones who have the skills to make her vision real and on such a world wide scale. But also at the end of the day, we are all the ones who have to lay in our beds and reflect on our decisions and actions and be accountable.

So now that I know a little more about Lady GaGa, I like her a lot more. I will try to listen carefully to her songs because she does have a lot to say. Even though I think she looks weird most of the time.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment