Monday, February 18, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 95

I normally charge $40-$45 per hour for tutoring. Its a fair rate and it helps weed out the people who are not serious. It also keeps my numbers down to a manageable 2-3 kids. Right now I have 2. They both come 2 times per week.

On Friday, Andrew's sister, Jenicah (Nikki) called me up and asked for help with her paper. When she finally got back to me it was 9:30 pm and I am not doing any tutoring at that time. Finally she comes over on Sunday with the instructions and almost nothing done. Its a 5-7 page MLA, senior research paper about a career choice. Holy Wait Till The Last Minute! She said it was assigned on Wednesday and it due on Tuesday. She had no research done. She had to use other sources as well as websites and she had no plan. She came to the US from the Philippines in 7th grade and spoke almost no English. He grammar is horrible and she didn't really get the instructions. And there was a full page of instructions.

4 hours on Sunday and 3 hours today. I finally had to tell her that I had other things to do, like get everyone to their practices. I am hoping she can pull off a C.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment