Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 80

Super Bowl Sunday

Started my day off by driving Colin's friend, Seth, back to El Cajon. Note to self: don't believe a 13 year old when they say they know their way home. Well, he knew the way but not how to give driving directions. I used to work in El Cajon. It is 40 minutes away.

Me: Seth, do know know how to get home from here.
Seth: yes
Me: So take the 15 to the 8 east? What exit off the 8?
Seth: ummm, I don't really know the names. I'll tell you when I get there. It takes 20 min.  Why do I have to go home now? Why can't I stay?
Me: I go to yoga at 10. Colin has soccer tryouts and then we are going to a Super Bowl Party. Now is the best time. Lets go.

Our ride goes like this:
Seth: turn here, oh you missed it.
Me: Holy crap! I'm going 75 and in the left lane, you have to give me some notice.
Seth: get off here
Me: holy crap! Let me know before we get there.
Me: Seth!!!!!!

I finally figure out the way he is telling me so I ask him before we get to the exit or turn.

I left and hour and a half to get back before yoga. With all the missed turns, now I'm racing to get there on time, thinking this is not so zen, speeding down the freeway to get to yoga.

I'm 10 minutes late. I look in the door and the class is sitting with their eyes closed. I try to sneak in. With her eyes still closed the teacher is saying: go inward, ignore outside noises and distractions. Busted.

We go to the annual Schulte Super Bowl Party and Chili Contest. We have been going there at least 15 years. Scott didn't make chili this year. Even though he has won about 12 out of the 15 times, he was too stressed and didn't have time with his new boss, baseball, etc. I told him I would shop and chop but no deal. His head wasn't in it. At half time they start giving out the awards. Scott gets the "Lifetime Achievement Award" No chili and still an award!
Nice! It's great to catch up with friends but we left at half time. Colin didn't go because he is in a 13 year old funk. Said he sucked at soccer tryouts today. Duh! He hasn't played anything in 5 months. Kid needs to get back in shape. Which he will cause that's  how he rolls.

On my couch, drinking my mimosa... Loving my life

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: