Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 91

Happy Valentine's Day all you love birds out there!!!

Since both kids had practice today, we celebrated last night with a family dinner at Kaminsky's for BBQ. Thank you Groupon. Well come on, ya gotta love your fam. Its not just a day to do the horizontal bop.

It was such a random day, no huge drama... yet (knocking on some wood, ok, my head)

Kids and Scott got candy and cards and I got a mani/pedi. No flowers because they have to be sent outside to decorate the patio since Scott is so allergic, although sometimes I do that. They look nice out there.

The good thing about being over and not taking offense to getting my own present is that I can get exactly what I want. I did look at a nice, expensive chocolate diamond ring in the fancy jewelry store today. HAHA

It looked like a Valentine's explosion in Von's today. The floral and balloon department had taken over half of the store. The bakery had taken over the rest. That's a lot of flowers and cupcakes. I got some bacon wrapped shrimp for some appetizers. What's on our Valentine menu, you ask? Bacon-wrapped shrimp and baked ziti. I hit up the bakery for some of Cara's favorite red velvet cupcakes. For me...champagne. No school tomorrow.

Driving around today, I pulled up beside a bright blue fancy car blasting out COUNTRY not that hard core, curse filled rap that I usually hear. It was a nice change.

At 7-11, I parked next to a Kia Sorrento. I have a Kia Sedona. The teenagers in the back commented on both of us having Kia's. I chatted a bit. Came out with my slurpee for Andrew(he was home sick).
Kid: Enjoy your slurpee.
Me: Thanks.
Kid: I got a Monster and she got a donut.
Me: That's healthy.
Then I gave him some Monster stickers I always carry around.
Kid: Dude! Are these for me.
Me: Yup. Its your lucky day.
Kid: (to the rest of the people in the car) We just SCORED!!!!MONSTER STICKERS!!! from that nice lady in the Kia!
Me: Enjoy the rest of your day. Be nice to someone.

A guy on a bike was riding the wrong way on Camino Ruiz and another guy on a bike almost crashed into him. They started yelling at each other. Weird.

Colin and friends have been playing soccer after school. It was short day today so they were there about 3 hours.
Colin: Mom, we walked to Albertson's.
Me: I thought you would probably go to Roberto's or Jamba Juice. What did you get?
Colin: Monster, Gatorade, Pepsi and Hot Cheetoes.
Me: Not at nutrient in sight.

Scott comes home and says, "I brought you something for Valentine's Day." He hands me a black cord to something with a USB on one end. "They were throwing this away at work. It probably goes to something."

Me: It probably goes to something we don't have. Thanks for the thought.

I think I will reconsider that chocolate diamond ring I looked at. Chocolate, diamonds, all I need is wine. Oh wait...I have champagne.

It is what it is...
Namate

No comments:

Post a Comment