Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 90

File this in the It's Always Someting File

This weekend it the TET Festival. It's the big Vietnamese New Year Celebration. Since Balboa Park is being updated for the Big 100 year anniversary, gues where thery decide to hold the festival. You got it, at the Mira Mesa Rec Centrer right across from the baseball fields. The expected turnout is upwards of 50,000.

I was asked if the carnival ride vendor could park the rides our parking lot for a few days during the week until Friday. Being the neighborly type and seeing no potential problems, I say OK.

I get a call today from one of our managers that there is no power to the complex and he saw the carnival people rolling up  giant power cords from 2 of our fields. They tried to plug in their generators and blew out all of our power. So now as I'm trying to tutor my new kid, arrange for a ride home from the dance for Cara and get Colin his new soccer shoes, I have to find the number of the festival organizer to get this solved. Thank goodness I could give the manger the code to the snack bar and he flipped the switch to get the power back.

It's always something.

Survivor starts tonight... Enough said.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment