Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 82

Here's a new item to be filed under the "it's always something" category.

Someone stole our website. What??? You ask?

Scott texts me: The website expired. Did you pay the bill?
Me: Expired? I just spent 3 hours yesterday doing the schedules. You would think I would have gotten a notice of some sort.

I go to the website. Check our account info. Everything is in order. We need to renew in Nov. 2013.

Text him back that its not expired. We go back and forth for 10 minutes as I'm looking at the website. So I decide to check from my iPad. Sure enough it brings up some weird website that our domain name has expired. We do everything from the approve LL website and this has scam written all over it. So I email their  support desk. God forbid they would have a phone number to call.

In the meantime, things are not going fast enough for Scott. He and a coworker somehow track down the person that is parked on our website. Turns out the physical address is AROUND THE CORNER! And I KNOW WHO HE IS! AND HIS FAMILY!

It seems that he hijacks websites and makes people pay to get their name back. I tell Scott he is a bartender at Callahan's so Scott calls Coach Buddy, who has a permanent chair over there, and tells him to get our website back. The Dramagnet. It's been almost 12 hours since he has something to fret about.  It's always something.


It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: