Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 126

I was getting tired of my same Sirrius radio stations. My go to's are 36 AltNation, The Loft, The Bruce Springsteen Station, Dr Radio, Martha Stewert, 42 the Joint (reggae) and 2 (the one Cara likes). So I decided to give my dad's country channels a try. Prime Country and the Highway.

Car conversation with Colin:

Colin: Why are you listening to this redneck channel like Grandpa?
Me: I wanted a change. Is there something else you would prefer? Rap, hip hop?
Colin: I don't care. Why do you like this anyway? You never used to.
Me: Because its funny and you always know what you are getting.
Colin: Huh???
Me: Some songs are funny with their play on words.
Colin: This song is called I'm Pretty Good At Drinking Beer. What kind of song is that?
Me: All country songs have at least one of these thing... ( read in your country voice) lovin', lyin' drinkin', dyin',cheating', fightin', home, boots, jeans, guns, USA and trucks. Mostly trucks...
Colin: no way
Me: Just listen
Colin: Dang... You're right. Why do they sing about trucks?

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Some redneck music is fun! I like Loretta Lynn and dolly Parton for a hoot!

    ReplyDelete