Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 114

With baseball cancelled for today, I had some time to make bacon waffles for breakfast. Paula sent me a blog with a recipe. They looked so yummy that I bought a waffle maker at Kohl's. I scored with a 30% off coupon. They are heaven on a plate.
First cook the bacon. (I did this yesterday)


The complete batter.

I did baconify the original recipe by substituting the bacon fat and olive oil for the called for canola oil. Well, it's not like its healthy already...

The finished product.



We went to visit Pi today. We can bring her home on Thursday. Another dog was brought in with parvovirus so she is in quarantine .


It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmm!!!
    By the way..... Bacon grease and olive oil (as well as butter) are far healthier than canola or any sort of veggie oil. Saturated fats actually have a purpose and it is not the devil, as we are led to believe! I have read exhaustingly on this subject! I will get off my soap box now! Those look so good, I may make them tomorrow after yoga..... Without wheat, though. Almond meal makes awesome waffles! I am loving your blog! You helped inspire me to actually start my own! It is "Books bites and Boston's". Books, obviously, bites for awesome food and Boston's for my adorable babies! I can't wait til you get your Pi!!

    ReplyDelete