Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 45

I just finished reading a great book called The Day I First Belived by author Wally Lamb. It was super long, almost 1300 pages but it was probably less than that since I read it on my iPad and I have kind of a big font.

It's kind of ironic that the main character's wife is the school nurse at Columbine HS. She hid in a cabinet in the library where Kleebold and Harris shoot the students. It's a fictional account of several real life occurrences. I just happened to be reading this when the Sandy Hook shooting occurred.

The main character, Caelum, also has a tangled family history that is told as a second narrative by a Katrina survivor who writes a doctoral thesis on his great, great, grandmother. So it's like a bonus of 2 books in one. The themes are  many:  school shootings, natural disasters, additctions, adoptions, effects of war, love, loss and lies. I highly recommend it. End of book report.

Cara and I saw Parentsl Guidance at the movies today. Hysterical. End of movie review.

It is what it is...
Namaste

Anyone making any New Year' s Resoultions? I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment