Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 36

Holy Cow, I was so tired after yesterday's concert. I went to see our extra child, Andrew, perform in the band concert at Wangenheim Middle School. He plays percussion. He looked so handsome with his black pants, white shirt, tie and spikey hair.

I knew his mom would probably be working so I texted him in the morning to see if he needed a ride. In the past, he has called me 10 minutes before he has to be there and I was usually somewhere else. So I decided to be proactive this time. He was really shocked that I would actually stay for the show.

Me: What time do you need a ride?
Andrew: Pk me up at 6 pls.
Me: Pick you up at 6?
Andrew: yea
Me:I'm going to stay for the show.
Andrew: you are???? It costs money.
Me: That's ok. I want to hear your band.
Andrew: You do??? We aren't very good.
Me: I'm sure you are great. See you a 6.

I texted his mom to say that I was giving him a ride. She said he didn't even tell her that he was having a concert. She was very thankful. I let her know that I offered a ride because I was pretty sure she was working. The concert counts for 1/2 of his band grade so I wanted to make sure he was there. Again she thanked me and for staying.

Andrew is in the Concert Wind group. This is the 3rd level out of 4. Wow! What a difference between the Beginning Band to the Wind Ensemble (4th group)! In 3 years of middle school, most of the kids go from never having played an instrument to what I would consider a high school level band. I know they win almost all of the competitions they enter. I was totally impressed.

It is what it is...
Namaste

I took these pictures in the dark with my new phone. I was pretty far away so I think they came out pretty well.


No comments:

Post a Comment