Friday, December 21, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 37

Cara was on FIRE today!

I go to wake her up and found out that she has been up since 5:15 to finish the rest of her cards for her teachers. At 8 pm last night she asks to make 2 more snowflake ornaments. That is so not my time, especially after cold yoga. Freeeeezing because they won't turn off the AC. and we had to finish up her cookie project.

I told her to dress warm. Its cold out. She goes to look at the temperature.

Cara: Its 32 degrees! It can snow!!!! (massive jumping around and yelling)
Me: Look outside there is not a cloud in the sky.
Cara: Well it was raining 2 days ago. Why can't it snow then.
Me: You tell me, you're in that smart kid class.
Cara: I know MOM! I just want it to snow soooo baaaaad!
She leaves the house wearing shorts and a hoodie.

At pick up time:
Me: How was your day?
Cara: OK, I guess.
Me: How did your teachers like their gifts?
Cara: Good.
Me: Do you mind going on some errands? I have to go to Rite Aide and the pool supply place. There is a peppermint Chick Fil-A milkshake at home for you.
Cara: I know its not on the way but can we go to Dollar Tree? I want to get a Santa hat.

Then it dawns on me. Almost every kid exiting the school is wearing some kind of Santa hat.

Me: You had no Santa hat today?
Cara: I'm jealous of them. I only have Santa Mickey and Santa Chargers. Both are lame.
Me: We can look at Rite Aide and I need to go to Dollar Tree anyway. Good plan. We can go to Target if we can't find one.

I feel a vision quest coming on.

No good Santa hat at Rite Aide, Dollar Tree or Target. Traffic and parking lots are horrible. She is resigned to the fact that she will have to get the not good one from Dollar Tree when I go to the gym in the morning.

I have to go to a different Rite Aide for Colin's new meds. Score!!!

Just now. "Its getting to easy to beat Dad at Word's With Friends.I think I'm only getting a dollar"

Colin update: He finally has a consistent chore. He chances the countdown to Christmas. And now he has started opening the Christmas cards. That boy sure is useful. 

We met with his cardiologist. That is one hot stuff doctor. He has a 25 page resume on Rady Children's hospital website. Not bad to look at either. Colin will have a radio frequency ablation on Jan. 22. Its an outpatient procedure that will take about 2 hours. He will correct the electrical pathway abnormality and then there will be 4-5 hour recovery, 2 week limited activity and he can play baseball this spring. No more WPW syndrome! Dr. Perry is a pioneer in this stuff and has close to 100% success rate. 

Girl's night cocktail party at Adriana's tonight. I'm in need of a good cocktail.

It is what it is...
Namaste



1 comment: