Monday, December 24, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 40 - Happy Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve!

I thought I would have a quiet Christmas Eve. I was so done with everything. If I can't get it at 7-11 or the liquor store I'm not getting it.

So I went to the gym, 7-11 and the liquor store. Got the kids hot chocolate and mini-donuts. Stopped to get the ingredients to make Peppermint Kisses. I'm planning to go over to my friend Estella's house with a cocktail later today. She seems like she needs some holiday cheer.

Then....
I get the call...
Scott: Remember that TV I said I was going to get last night if I won big on football???
Me: Yea???
Scott: They have it in stock at Best Buy. I can pay cash.

All I see is the huge amounts of rearranging that I'm going to have to do so Scott can have his new giant tv. On my relaxing Christmas Eve. Great!.

Me: Great!
Scott: You don't sound so happy.
Me: Well, that's a big project.
Scott: you don't have to do anything.
Me: (to myself) yea right.
Scott: I'll do it all.
Me: What about the big tv that is there now? And all the Christmas decorations all over the place?
Scott: Its going in our room. I'll put the one from our room in Cara's room. don't worry about the
decorations.
Me: (in my raging brain) that means 3 room cleaned and rearranged since neither Cara's room nor our room have instant space for either of these tvs.
Scott: Are you ok with all of this.
Me: I guess. Since I don't have to do anything, I'm going to Estella's with my cocktails so I'm not in
your way.

I take a shower. Then text Scott:
What do you want me to do?




Old TV now in my room

Cleared out all that stuff and Christmas decorations. 
New TV installed. 60 inch. Huge!
 Remembered my first rule: Its not about me.  And adjusted my attitude accordingly. Stuff mostly put away. Rooms rearranged. I don't love the old tv in the bedroom but I will get used to it.  New TV is awesome. Scott is sooooo happy. That's what matters.


It is what it is...
Namaste

3 comments:

  1. Awe, you're an awesome wife and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you ever make it to Estella's house? You are an awesome wife you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes she did and a very big thanks to my BFF, IT WAS NICE HAVING YOU OVER! It was the best Christmas Eve ever! The Christmas cheer was delish!=) ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

    ReplyDelete