Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 24

Today was the perfect example of why I do not participate in too many craft shows. After my awesome Open House last night, I had to be at Atonement Lutheran Church at 8am for set up. It was 20 minutes away and I took a wrong turn so that turned out to be more like 30.

The organizer, Kathy, is a friend so I sort of did it as a favor. She was trying to get the show going again after a 10 year break. The location was good and so was the signage and publicity. I'm not sure if December Nights in Balboa Park had anything to do with the lack of people but it was dead all day. My neighbor, Margie was set up next to me with her Gold Canyon candles so we had allllll day to chat. There were 2 very heavy women set up near us with fleece blankets. They ate all day long. Super nice but the baked good stand made out on those 2. There also was no other food vendors so Margie went out for Subway for us. I  had a great conversation with another jewelry artist who does metal clay work. She had beautiful pieces at very reasonable prices. If I would have made any money, I probably would have bought something. But alas, no money, no shopping.

Trading was good. I traded some pepper jelly for a beautiful scarf. and for a super cool plant.

Suggestions for next year are get some food trucks or vendors. Check to see what else is going on around town. When I got home, I found out another local school had a big craft fair. (not sure why I didn't know about that one. I know a ton of people over there. Hmmmmm?) I'm hoping they had enough jewelry vendors, not that they don't want me.

One last show at Kumeyaay Elementary on Friday. I did pretty well there last year so I'm going to hope for the best.

My iphone 3gs is acting weird so my last option is to restore to factory settings.  Its really hot to the touch and the battery lasts less than an hour. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Wish me luck. I dont want to buy another phone.

It was a 6 out of 10 day.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment