Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 166

Colin's baseball team lost to the the worst team in the league tonight 9-10. They pretty much stunk until the 5th inning when they suddenly decided to join the game. I think the score was 10-3 at one point. All of a sudden they caught fire, quit making errors and started hitting the ball.

It was almost dark. So they are pushing against the time. Bottom of the 6th, 10-7, 1 out and the biggest hitter is up. His name is Dominick. They call him The Dominator. Strikeout. And he drops the F bomb and almost gets tossed.

Colin is up. My heart is beating so fast and I am so nervous for Colin. It sucks to be up with 2 outs. He hits down the right field line. With all that is going on, everyone forgets about him and he goes to 2nd. I can't remember what happens after that but he did knock in 2 runs. 10-9. Stands go crazy. All the other games are over so the leftovers drift on over to see the end of the Juniors game.

So I overhear Scott and Colin discussing the game afterwards.

Scott: You totally came through in the clutch.
Colin: No big deal. Blah, blah. My hit wasn't that great.
Scott: You drove in 2 runs
Colin: Connor got out. We lost.
Scott: You were the only kid who didn't make an error.
Colin: We still lost. I did it for nothing.

Boys...

It is what it is...
Namste

No comments:

Post a Comment