Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 143

I got invited to a party last night. This is a new group for me. I know these women from the gym. The teacher, Maria and I have known each other since Colin and Molly were in pre-school together. The others, I met recently from going to different classes. The hostess, I also found out, I know through baseball. Her name is Robin.  Anyway, she says she has "the gift" and do we want to come over, have some wine and snacks and wine, and have our cards read. So of course, she had me at wine.

Robin is already quite tipsy when I get there at 6pm. I didn't really realize since I don't know her that well. So as the other guests arrive, we are chatting and eating and drinking. Kim asks how the card reading is going to go but Robin is now upset because she can't find her pendulum. ? Then Robin says lets play a dice game called Right, Center,Left. So we play that. We are still waiting to see how the card reading is going.

Some people go outside to have a smoke. Its really loud and there is alot of laughter. 2 people leave because at this point we realize there is probably going to be no card reading.The rest of us take our drinks outside. Where's Robin??? Asleep on the couch! She passed out at her own party.

 We clean up a bit and its only Maria, Julia and me left.  Julia is smoking like a chimney and I'm doing my best to stay downwind of her so I don't stink when I get home. We sit and chat for a while and Robin comes outside. She sits down and falls asleep again and starts snoring. At this point, I leave because I don't want to be the last one there. Home by 10.

Weird...but what is it with people cursing all the time? I cursed one time when I was about 10 in front of my mother. She said," A lady never curses." She rarely cursed herself although she was known to drop sh**t every now and then. I rarely curse. But this party was like a huge curse fest. F'n this and that all night long! Holy Bad Words! A friend of Maria's has a blog called Healthy Sh*t I Make. Food and cursing...

Up til this point the best curser I know is Buddy F'n Guyette, one of our baseball managers. These girls could curse him under the table.  I'm not lovin this trend.

It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Ok that is pretty funny. Falling asleep at your own party? hahahaha. I hear ya on the cursing. I do say freaking a lot which I need to stop but I am not a huge fan of curse words. I played bunco w/ a group of women before that cursed every other word. I couldn't take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like an awkward party!! I usually have to be pretty f'n mad or really f'n excited to curse!

    ReplyDelete