Friday, April 26, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 162

Who would have thought?

I thought I got an insect bite at the fields last Saturday. Actually I thought it was multiple bites from a spider that crawled in my shirt from the wooden bleachers. I was monitoring through the week and using "The Force" to make them go away. Ok.. I was ignoring them and hoping they would go away on their own.

 Today, it looked really bad so I went to Urgent Care. Diagnosis - Shingles! Holy Red Rash! I'll spare you a picture. Google if you dare. The blisters go from the middle of my spine around to my belly button. The good news is that I don't have it on my face or in my eye. I remember my mom having shingles there and it was horrible!

The ironic thing is I was just talking about this to my MIL, Phyllis, over Easter Break. I said I would get the vaccine as soon as I am able because of what my mom went through. According to the literature, you have to be 60 to get the shot. It turns out they just changed it to 50. Dang it! I would have gotten that shot so fast. Now I have to wait 6 months.

The good news is my mamo came back negative and all my labs are good! Yay!!!

Check out my yoga teacher, Gabby and me in the double handstand today. And the downward facing dog last week..It was a beautiful day at Camino Ruiz Park.



That's why I'm payin' the sunshine tax.

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: