Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 72

How bad is this? The kid of one our friends, who also happens to have been a manager in the past, tried out for Team Combat, a travel baseball team. He is a nice kid and a good but not great player. He went through 4 grueling tryouts. Finally they told him he made the team. I was happy for him. He didn't have time in his schedule to stick with Little League but hey, you make your choices. I get it.

Today, I get home from yoga and Scott says, you are not going to believe this. The Team Combat coach called Buddy and told him Nate was cut from the team. Sorry. Some returning players that he wasn't expecting came back so no room for Nate!!!! I about hit the roof!!! How horrible is that? I feel so bad for him. And what kind of man is that guy???

A money grubber, that's what. $185 per month to play on that team! In addition to whatever the registration fee is! I also feel horrible for Buddy who has to tell HIS  kid that he was cut after he already made it. I would have gone ballistic on that guy and made him tell my kid why he was cut. Face to face. Stand up and be a man.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment