Friday, January 11, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 57

It's never a good thing when you are recognized at the orthopedist, the cast maker or a fast food restaurant.

Colin and Cara were playing basketball the other night when I guess Colin swatted the ball away from Cara. He hit her finger and jammed it. Did she say it hurt when it happened???? Oh no...
Last night she tells me her finger still hurts.

Me: Still hurts? What do mean "still"? What's wrong with your finger?
Cara: When Colin and I were playing basketball the other night, he swatted the ball away and it jammed.
Me: and you're just now saying something?
Cara: well.... you would want to see it and then when you saw it, you would make me go for an x-ray.
Me: Great...so it's bad enough that you think I would make you go for an x-ray? Let me see.

The pinky on her right hand is completely bruised and swollen. So after school off we go to the Urgent Care. My friend, Adrianna works there.  I didn't see her at first because she was at a different desk. When I do  see her she just looks at me and says, "what now?" "Cara needs her finger x-rayed.", I say. I may as well get a job there. Good thing Scott has good insurance.

Temporary cast on, head to ortho to make appointment. They were able to squeeze us in. See Dr. Vance. He looks at me and Cara and says, " do you have other kids?  A boy?"
Me: yep. He was here 2 years ago.
Dr: tall, skinny kid? Similar injury? I remember him. I thought you looked familiar. Kevin will cast her. See you in 4 weeks.

Go into the cast maker, Kevin.
Kevin: You look familiar. Been here before?
Me: yup, we' re frequent flyers.
Kevin: Did I cast Cara before?
Me: yes. Camo cast.
Kevin: we had that about 2 years ago.
Me: that's when we were here. Soccer injury.

Cara: Mom
Me: yes?
Cara: do you know what's bad?
Me: that you have to miss baseball tryouts?
Cara: when you are recognized by doctors and fast food workers. It means you are at both places too much.

It is what it is...
Namaste

FYI... In San Diego ... This morning... Bundle up Buttercup!


2 comments:

  1. Same injury as Colin right? Nice cast color though. Yes you should just get a job there since you like us so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks happy!! How is Cara feeling today?

    ReplyDelete