Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 51 Seagulls

One of the best pleasures in my life are the shower and 1st glass of wine or the cold beer after a day at the fields. Ahhhh

I thought I was going to have to revert to the old stand by, Little League, as my post today. We had a slow registration and I still have too many boxes of fundraiser candy in my garage.
  A league in our division, Mission Bay LL, pulled a really crappy move this week. I feel very badly about what they did and the manner in which they did it. Our district admin is doing a remarkable job handling it but it still doesn't sit well with me and I can't shake the feeling. Basically they switched from LL to Youth baseball but didn't tell any of their members and did not go about switching in a logical, professional or respectful way and are leaving it up to uninvolved parties to explain and clean up their mess.

Which brings me back to seagulls. You know, those scavenger birds who just show up when you are having a perfectly nice day at the beach, try to take your stuff, poop on you and leave. There is nothing likable or productive about them. They are useless.

We all know them:  the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and the little engine that couldn'ts in our lives, who show up, steal our  ideas, poop on us and then leave. They are the "seagulls"

Do not be a seagull and most importantly

DON'T FEED THE SEAGULLS

It is what it is...
Namaste


2 comments:

  1. So are you feeding the seagulls by giving them space on your blog or wasting negative energy on them? Knowing you, you will find a way to make a positive out of this situation!
    It is what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Public service announcement informing my readers to not feed the birds.

      Delete