Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 195

Even I have a last nerve and someone got on it today. Since no one.......has stepped up to do the MMWLL yearbook, guess what I spent the day doing? You got it... The yearbook. I have no idea how to do this stuff and when I called the company to see what to do they said I had to make a PDF file. I asked how to do that and they said ask the person who did it the last few years. GREEEEAAAAT. So I did. She uses Publisher. It costs $150 so I downloaded something that is similar for free. Then I had to purchase the full edition for $60 because I went over 5 pages. I have no idea how to do this stuff. I finally mostly figured it out but when I have to save it, I'm not confidant.

So I am frustrated beyond belief with this and the other stuff no one else is doing that has to be done at the end of the season... The Basket Auction, the picnic, elections, the tournaments, the "Of the Year" Awards...

I go to the field, to drop off the boys for practice and a BOARD MEMBER has her giant dog running around off the leash. I'm soooo sorry that I didn't use my polite, teacher voice when I asked (told) her that the dog had to be leashed. It's not the first time she has been told this and she continues to ignore the rule, EVERYONE else has to abide by.

She told me I was rude and embarrassed her in front of the league. I went back and appologized. She did not accept my appology. So I said, " you're not going to accept my appology?" She shrugged her shoulders and may have made a comment and turned away. I left the field for the day. Let somebody else deal with things tonight.

It's a bad night to quit drinking'

It is what it is...
Namaste

This was taken from the Caring Bridge site, the Casey family has set up.

Today is Tuesday and Sean has been intubated and on the respirator for one week.  He had a good night last night with the help of Ambien and Ativan.  The respirator was turned up so he could rest.  His morning chest X-Ray was good again.  Today it seemed as if he could move his hands a little and his shoulders back and forth which is improvement.  He asked to get his hair washed.  He gets so hot that the water on his head actually helps him to cool off.  He wears these compression stockings that keep him from getting blood clots. He also wears these special boots to keep him from getting foot drop.  The combination of the two make him really hot. 
They started physical therapy today mostly stretching and range of motion.  Sean really likes it. 
He has had a great day today and the plan is to give him the Ambien at 9pm and if needed the Ativan.  The respirator will be turned up so his muscles can rest and then turned down in the morning.  He seems to be taking 12 breathes on his own and the respirator gives him 4 during the day and at night they turn it to 8 breaths on his own and 8 from the respirator. 
Jerry and Jesi thank you for your good thoughts and prayers.  We all know there is power in prayer. 
The family has moved into the Ronald McDonald House until Sean is out of ICU and on the road to recovery.  This way they can be close by.  They have a room and meals there and everyone couldn't be nicer. 
Jane has decided to finish her school year at the Ronald McDonald House.   She told her Aunt Jenny she didn't want to go back to her school now because she didn't want to answer a bunch of questions.  I think she also wants to be close to Mom and Dad.
We pray that Sean has another good night and that he wakes tomorrow with even more strength.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that baseball is SOO frustrating!! I hope the majority of the people let you know they appreciate you!! Great news about Sean too!!! He continues to be in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete