Monday, October 21, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 337

Staycation Update:
Cara is on a great kick of trying for perfect attendance this year. Sooo I had to drive her to school at 6:30 am. Since Scott was going to take the boys surf fishing,

  I decided to take in a movie. Holy Film Strips! I had heard of the luxury theaters called Cineopolis but never thought to actually go there. $$$$$!!!! Well it was only me and no time like the present so off I went. It looked like a combination bar/club/theater. Cushy leather club chairs, stand up tables with contemporary stools, fully stocked bar and the regular movie theater popcorn/candy counter. Ticket price $15.50. Not so bad considering our regular theaters charge $13 for prime time and $18 for 3D IMAX. And you get to choose your seat when you purchase your ticket. Not that I ever pay full price. I usually take in a matinee at $8.

The movie was Captain Philipps. A great flick about the cargo ship Maersk Alabama that was taken over by Somali pirates in 2009 starring Tom Hanks.  I recommend it.

Inside the theater...leather recliners with swivel tables, cup holders and menus. And a server call button like on a plane. Did I mention cocktails????


Verdict- experience excellent, popcorn was terrible. (stale, too salty and overly buttery - as if there could be such a thing.) I should have gone with the truffle fries.

Techo difficulties and the lights would not go all the way off. They stayed sort of dim. I didn't mind but a few of the other 6 people who were there with me pitched a fit and we all got our money back!!! Free!!! Score!!!

Then I did a little shopping/browsing at the high end stores there. I stopped for a mojito gelato at Chauo, my fav exclusive chocolate shop.


Then back to the Fish Market for one last happy hour of wine and oysters before heading back to the "Mesa".

Good thing I picked up 5 sub days today. Gotta pay for my small luxuries.

Love my life...
It is what it is...
Namaste z

No comments:

Post a Comment