Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 256

If you don't want to hear (read) me bragging, you better move on...anyway, you know I hardly evvvver brag.

Sometimes I am so good at cooking, I surprise even myself. I can't be a cooking blogger because I don't take pictures for every step of the process. I always forget and its boring.

Scott picked these grape 2 days ago.

They are VERY tart. No one has really been eating them and there are at least 2 more bunches getting ready. Since I hate to waste anything I (we) grow, I tried to think of what I could do with the grapes. Wine is not an option since there are not enough.

My big idea was grape jelly. Then I Googled it. Most of the recipes use grape juice. What??? Not REAL grapes. Holy cow, what a process to use real grapes. Maybe next time. So I google Grape desserts. Nothing interesting that worked with the ingredients I had on hand. So I look around and think about what goes good with grapes.....

Blue Cheese, Rosemary Focaccia with Home Grown Grapes, Walnuts and Caramelized Onions

Oh yea!!! How fancy is that $20 appetizer? 
Baking the grapes made them sweeter. Kids loved it,  MIL Phyllis loved it. Book Club- its on the menu for Friday.

I didn't take a picture of my Salsa Sea Bass because I didn't have any green onions or cilantro for garnish and Paula would think it looks like fish mush. Anyway I used our tomatoes, peppers and lime with some onions and the fish (that Scott, Colin and Andrew caught) and some spices and wine. Put everything in the oven in the Pampered Chef skillet and cook until the fish is done, then reduce the sauce on the stove. Soak up the sauce with some crusty baguettes. AWESOME!!!
Today, I am so good at cooking!

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment: