Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 227

A whole day with no baseball! Heavenly, ok I miss it...not really... well I did get to actually CLEAN the living room after work. Colin and Seth (and Cara and Cadence somewhat) have been camping out there for about a week. What a mess! and stinky...

I also cooked some chicken on the grill and we had some fresh corn and watermelon. "Best dinner ever!" was the comment. They better say that. Wanna know the secret???

At Christmas time, Trader Joe's had this gift pack of flavored olive oils. I bought is thinking I might need a hostess gift. Then I thought, I'm a hostess, I need a gift. So I gave it to myself. The lemon olive oil is absolutely delicious. 

Salt, pepper and the lemon oil. Grill it. That's it! Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. It was also yummy on grilled peaches. Yes, I grill fruit. Sounds fancy right? I'll grill anything if its one less pan to wash. 

I used the basil flavor for the first time in my Caprese salad. It kicked that tomato salad up a notch. And I used our garden tomatoes and basil. Summer salad at its finest. 

It is what it is...
Namaste

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds so summery and lovely! I always grow basil just to put in caprice salad..... And to make the back porch smell good. Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete