Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Everyday Project Day 228

So I finally got around to coloring my hair today. BK (before kids) I used to go every payday to get my hair colored. AK (after kids) I color myself pretty much when I can. Since we spend soooo much money on Scott's prescriptions at Rite Aide, I get 20% off almost all of my purchases so I tend to get the "products" there. It all started when they didn't have my regular color.

About 2 weeks ago, I had a coupon and Rite Aide had a sale. That plus the 20% off sounded great to me. Then I stared at that big, empty space where my color usually is. They were out! After careful consideration, I got the next closest color. I thought it would be OK.

Cara: Mom, what's with that color? Is that the real thing or will it be normal when you wash it out.
Me: Well, I got a slightly different shade but it should be alright once I wash it out.
Cara: It looks really orange.
Me: Yea...well, it should be OK.

After washing and it dries.

Cara: MOM... your hair is really bright. I think it's distracting.
Me: Distracting???? What does that mean?
Cara: Well, when you look around, that's what you see. Like you can't focus on the person...
Me: So its horrible?
Cara: No, just distracting... in a good way.
Me: I'll call it fabulous and go with that. Its only hair. It will be grey again soon.

It is what it is...
Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment