Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The EveryDay Project Day 249

DIY Day... you can learn to do anything on YouTube...Skills!

Our screen door was looking kind of white trash trailer park for 3 days now.
As you can see I tried all kinds of duck tape. And there was more on the other side. Like the camo and the pink colored. I can't believe there is an actual situation where duck tape doesn't work. 

Finally I decided to google " How do you re-screen a door?" Bang! there it was, just a click away. 

Off I went to Home Depot. First I checked out how much a new door would cost. That was Scott's suggestion. The cheapest was $80. 

I only needed 3 things. Total cost $15.60.


I took the door off and gathered my tools. The spa made a perfect surface to work.
(I guess the beer didn't make the picture.)

Less than 1 hour later...
SKILLS!!!!

Also on the  project list today
Homemade baked mac and cheese 

Orange Rice Pudding
Don't you love when you happen to have all the ingredients for a recipe that is in today's newspaper? 

It is what it is...
Namaste

PS: Field trip to Knotts Berry Farm tomorrow. It will probably be a late night so be prepared for a morning post.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I have had to rescreen window screens more than a few times... when our dogs want out, they will take matters into their own hands... er, paws, I mean.

    ReplyDelete