Friday, November 23, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 9 - The Black Fiday Edition

On a scale of 1-10, I would have to say this Black Friday was a mediocre 6.5.

First of all my BF partner, Phyllis was not here. She did text me and say she was never, ever going to not be out here for Thanksgiving/Black Friday again.

I don't like that the stores open at midnight. 5 am I can do, midnight, not really. We always start out at Tilly's for the gift card at 5. But nooooo, this year they opened at midnight so now no Tilly's.

I usually don't have a big list and I will never go to a WalMart again on BF. The main stores are Tilly's, Old Navy, Kohls and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Both Colin and Cara said they wanted to shop this year. Mostly because it involves breakfast at Denny's. I wake both of them up at 5:45 to see if they still want to go. "No",  they say so off I go alone.

Nothing at Tilly's, nothing at Old Navy. I did pretty good at Kohl's with their discounts. I got the kids watches, Scott a bunch of pants ( I hope they fit) and 2 workout shirts and the ninja blender system for me. All for under $200. I also got $45 Kohl's cash and I was back home by 7:30.

Colin gets up and wants to know if I shopped and why didn't I wake him up. I told him I did and he didn't want to go. He didn't remember. Cara - same story only she was crying. Now I'm in the dog house with both kids. I told them we could go back out and go to Denny's. No takers. "Fine", I said.

So I took Cara to see the Rise of the Guardians. It was very glittery. Then back to Tilly's to pick out her new hoodie. ( that's what she wanted to do all along). All is good with her.

I ordered Colin's paintball gun online, took a nap (not something that I ever do), ordered our Christmas cards  and got pizza for dinner.

 Black Friday 2012 - Slightly better than average - 6.5

It is what it is...
Namaste

Jewelry Project is spiral earrings.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry my friend that BF isn't all it is cracked up to be...but you know, in this day, really, BF is more about CM...you known CM??? Cyber Monday? That is when you can sit in your jammies, grab a mimosa and some fruit loops, sit in front of your computer, and shop away!! (Of course you remember that my preference was for fruit loops and nippers, but now my tastes are more refined and I can go for mimosa with my Fruit Loops)

    BTW beautiful earrings my ODC Friend!
    Miss you!
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHaHa. Don't you have to be in school on Cyber Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And do you think I can't shop from school????

    ReplyDelete