Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Everyday Project Day 6

I am looking forward to posting the day # in double digits.

News of the day is Cara has taken on the job of Secret Santa Coordinator for the the family's Christmas gift exchange. She is busy emailing everyone with their name. This year's theme is "Your Favorite Color".  I love her enthusiasm! She is the perfect person for the job.

Today's project is this wood and marble pendant necklace. There are many contrasts. The warm softness of the wood and the cool hardness of the marble. The stratification of the marble reminds me of the planet Jupiter and the wood it's orbit. I made the bail in a free form wire wrap that is kind of organic in how it ties all the elements together yet contrasts with the perfect circles of the wooden ring and marble sphere. Holy Cow, sounds like I know what I'm talking about. Sign me up for my Inside the Artist's Studio interview.

It is what it is...
Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment