Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Rest of the Story

As Paul Harvey would say... And now for the rest of the story:
It went out of my hands.

While at work, Scott called the school, contacted the teacher and made the arrangements for Colin to go on the East Coast trip.

There were 2 spots left and Colin has one. It was the absolute last day! There were some logistical problems involving airline and show tickets but apparently paying the late fees worked out those bugs. When Colin contacted his friends, they seem to think they are the only group with 3 in the room so Colin MAY even get to room with his friends. So for the low, low price of $2700, Colin is going on the East Coast trip.

Yup! The teacher confirmed it. He can room with his friends, Jack, Brendan and Oren. That kid is soooo lucky. I gong to get him to buy the Lotto tickets from now on.

What is bugging me is his underwhelming attitude.

No dancing and jumping around. No happy dance. No huge Thank You Mom and Dad! You are so AWESOME for making this happen! What can I do to help pay for it? I'm so sorry for not deciding sooner. I'll do anything you want for the rest of my life, etc

Nope, nothin' ...but a mumbled thank you

It is what it is...
Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Marybeth I feel your frustration from reading this....I can totally understand why it must feel like he doesn't give a crap. Makes me sad :( I really hope, in time, he appreciates what you've done for him..You're a great Mom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he cares and is thankful. A little more enthusiasm would be nice. It is what it is...

      Delete