Friday, March 28, 2014

He's Leavin'...On A Jet Plane

This is delayed a day since, I just had to write about how dang creative I am in my  use of the classroom iPads yesterday. I already started this one so here goes.

Tomorrow is the day- well night, that Colin leaves on the East Coast Trip. Am I nervous? NO! Happy that he's going? YES! Will I miss him? Mostly...

To prepare for the trip:

Procedure:  Take Colin and Jack to the Dollar Tree to stock up on essentials for the trip. You know, like deodorant, toothpaste, floss, etc... oh yea, and candy/snacks.

Hypothesis: They will buy mostly candy and snacks and be rummaging around the bathroom for the toiletries.

Results: Total Colin: $19.78 (3 bags worth of stuff)
              Total Jack: $4.64     ( 1 bag, barely full)

Conclusion: Jack is either a) saving his money for the trip. b) is unfamiliar with  the MacNaughton pre-trip procedures or c) very crafty and sitting next to Colin on the plane. AND immediately upon getting home from the Dollar Tree, Colin is rummaging around the bathroom looking for toiletries he can take.

Hypothesis proven.

After the trip to the Dollar Tree, Colin and Jack hole up in Colin's room. I don't hear videos games, the Office or Dexter going so I assume they are organizing and packing.

Me: How's the packing coming?
Colin: I'm not packing.
Me: How's the pre-packing coming?
Colin: I'm not pre-packing.
Me: Then what are  you doing?
Colin: (under his breath as he does the eye roll and slinks off) Throwing shit in a suitcase.

Haha, I almost lost it cracking up!

It is what it is...
Namaste





No comments:

Post a Comment